Weld Labs is a full service laboratory and we frequently test soil, manure, compost, and fertilizer. This integrated approach allows our customers to customize their soil amendment program according to compost/manure they have on site before extra fertilizer is purchased.
We have two common packages for manure (click for sample report):
- The Basic Manure package includes: Moisture, Solids, Nitrogen (TKN), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (P), Organic Matter, pH, Salts, the C:N ratio, and the predicted available NPK in the first year.
- The Complete Manure package includes everything in the Basic Manure package. It adds Ammonia and Nitrate-N to provide a more comprehensive Total Nitrogen calculation (especially on liquid manures).
We have two common packages for compost (click for sample report):
- The Basic Compost package includes: Moisture, Solids, Nitrogen (TKN), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K), Organic Matter, pH, Salts, and the C:N ratio.
- The Complete Compost package includes everything in the Basic Compost package and adds: Nitrate-N, Sodium (Na), Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Chloride (Cl), Copper (Cu), Zinc (Zn), Iron (Fe), Manganese (Mn), an Agricultural Index calculation, and finally a calculation on the percentage of nitrogen (%N) that has been mineralized.
For fertilizer, most people use the NPK package.
- NPK Fertilizer package. At $54 this package includes Total Nitrogen by AOAC 970.02 as well as total phosphorus and potassium.
Typical turnaround times for the basic packages are 3-4 business days. Complete packages take an extra couple days because of the added chemistry.
There are many other analyses that can be added a la carte. For details or questions please see the services and pricing guide.
For additional questions about sampling please see our sampling guide.